Jan 14, 2014

On The Trail

NEW WORKS FROM THE STUDIO OF ART BY WENDY

ON THE TRAIL - Watercolour, 14 x 18 - Commission

This is a special commission for me as I am personally involved with the picture; I am in it!!  Yes, that is me, second from the right. 
This was an order from my friend's husband to paint a picture that captured the flavour of their special cabin retreat.  They had lots of 'lake' pictures for their fishing activities but nothing for all the time they spend walking and riding the many trails in the area. The photo shoot took place when I was visiting the cabin in August with my 'university' group.  We went for a great walk on one of the trails; what wonderful country to walk in.  We went through meadows, heavy forested areas, open pastures, old ranch lands, small lakes and more.  I took lots of pictures and really enjoyed the day.  This picture evolved from several I took and seemed to capture what we wanted. There is the heavy treed area in the back, the open pasture/meadow lands in the front, the fence posts suggesting the days gone by and the bonus, our little group stopped and chatting along the trail. 
Enjoy!

If you have a special moment in time you wish painted just Contact Wendy.  I would be happy to work with you to make your dream come true.
Have a good day.

No comments: