Nov 7, 2013

The Ballerina

NEW WORKS FROM THE STUDIO OF ART BY WENDY

THE BALLERINA - 7 x 9 in. - watercolour - $230 matted & bagged
 
Have you ever seen such beautiful, flowing petals?

I loved the movement in this flower and couldn't resist painting it.  This picture started as a demo for one of my students, it wasn't meant for anything more than showing how to lay a multicoloured wash and then glaze over it.  HOWEVER, once I started glazing and building those petals I was hooked.  Like a crazy woman, I painted night and day until she was done!!  Then came the challenge: I needed a setting!!
Once again that crazy woman came out and worked away on paper and computer, trying to decide how to build it.  You see before you the final results - "The Ballerina"!!
Enjoy!

To learn more about my private lessons and workshops see my Shows/Workshops/Private Classes Page

To purchase "The Ballerina" Contact Wendy

3 comments:

Studio at the Farm said...

They are addictive, aren't they? Good job of the iris, Wendy!
Kathryn

Gillian Mowbray said...

Good job, Wendy. That crazy woman knows her stuff!

Wendy Mould AFCA said...

Thanks ladies. That crazy woman likes to come out once and awhile and yes she does do amazing things sometimes!!