Nov 12, 2013

Summer Sun Revisited!!

NEW WORKS FROM THE STUDIO OF ART BY WENDY

When is a painting finished????



Summer Sun - 3 x 3 - $95 matted
This was a question for me, I found myself constantly avoiding this little painting.  (Well actually the one below, not the top one.)  I had really wanted to paint my flower using a square format but somehow for me it just hadn't worked.    When I found myself taking it out of the frame I know I had to give it another go. 
I decided that the background was just too cold for the flowers so I washed it off and started again. Yes, you really can make some major changes to watercolour and they will survive!!  I started again this time with more pinks and purples and maybe it is my imagination but I do think it has more life. The real test will be when I frame it!
 
What do you think, did I wreck it or fix it???
 
The Old Summer Sun - Not Available
Have a great day.
 
To purchase "Summer Sun" Contact Wendy  

2 comments:

Cheryl Quist said...

Love the new background! It makes the main flower just glow!

Wendy Mould AFCA said...

Thanks, I was particularly happy with the glow on the side of the dark center piece.