Oct 25, 2011

Three's A Crowd

NEW WORKS FROM THE STUDIO OF ART BY WENDY

THREE'S A CROWD - 5 X 7  Available


As I promised more of my pansies -  Yes, I do love pansies and I was really taken with these double pansies.  They just seemed to have so much more personality than the single petal ones.  Don’t get me wrong I like them too but . . . 
After the Chatty Twosome failed as a threesome I went back to my drawing board to try again.  I combined my pansy challenge with the requirement that I try something different for cropping.  I usually keep my subjects more centered and I am reluctant to cut them off.  This was a real attempt at a new way, for me anywhere, of cropping my flowers.  When I was done I felt sorry for the little guy on the left and hence my title, Three’s A Crowd!!


6 comments:

Brenda Hill CDM said...

well done they are little cuties,beautiful colours Wendy.

Unknown said...

Beautiful work Wendy. Oh my...I don't think I would like to crop the poor pansy. :)
Love the colors and the deep BG makes them pop so nice.

Carol Blackburn said...

Beautiful one, Wendy. :)

Studio at the Farm said...

Hi Wendy,
I feel a bit sorry for the left-out pansy, but the cropping really is working. I love the muted secondary colors, and the soft background. Well done!!

Gillian Olson said...

Wendy, the panies are beautiful.

Wendy Mould AFCA said...

Thank you everyone, I am glad you liked my new approach. It is interesting to hear that we all have a soft heart for the underdog, in this case the "left-out" pansy. It really makes me realize how much a name affects us when we look at a picture.