Oct 9, 2011

Artists in Residence Program

NEW WORKS FROM THE STUDIO OF ART BY WENDY

SPRING DANCE

No, I have not started in a new direction in my art.  This picture, Spring Dance is by artist Becky McMahon who will be with me at the Newton Cultural Center, 13530 72 Ave. Surrey, BC for the Artists in Residence program.   On Tuesday morning 10-12pm, October 11 and every Tuesday after that ending on Dec 6, Becky and I will be at the Cultural Center in the main gallery area.  We are there to meet and talk with anyone visiting the gallery.  We will have some of our work there and will discuss it but more than that we are there to have art filled discussions with everyone on any topic: art, techniques, mediums, critiquing, events and basically anything artful.  Also we will be looking for direction for visual art programs to offer.  Becky already has a Chinese Brush Painting Class scheduled to start Saturday, Nov.  19, 26 and Dec. 3  and I have a One Day Marketing Workshop for Emerging Artists set for Sunday, October 23.  We think that being artists in residence at the center will be lots of fun, a great way to increase the profile of arts in the community and a real source of information and networking for artists.  I wish that all my internet friends could join us but I guess in a way we have our own artful talks here in our blogs. 
To check out more of Becky’s work or sign up for her class see www.triskeltreecreations.com .  For information and registration for the Marketing Workshop: Let’s Get Your Art Out There see my website www.artbywendy.com

No comments: