Apr 2, 2020

Catch the Sketchbook Habit - Painting & Drawing Tips


SPECIAL NEWS - I'm NOw TEACHING ONLINE!!!
 See more at the the end of the POst. 
πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡

Bunny from 100 Dots with Noah Scalin  - Sepia Pen and coloured pencils

Are your cupboards full of unused Art Supplies?  Do sparkly bright colours call to you?  The pens, the paints, the powders. . .

Deer in the Field - this is more typical me - Wildlife with watercolour  
I must confess. . . .

I have been lured away from the straight and narrow by luscious colourful pens, creamy smooth pastels, even a few acrylics!! (I know you are shocked.) Me enticed by acrylic mediums, gels and paint..  How the mighty have fallen, eh?!

Well they are no longer 'layabouts' in my cupboards. . .

Deer in the Forest - Black pen and Acrylic  Monoprint. This is definitely something I want to do more of.  
I have cracked open my shiny new DIY Sketchbook (see last post here on how to make your own sketchbook)  Now I am taking some of those shiny new materials for a ride. How did it happen, you ask.  Well,  It all started innocently enough.  I joined Karen Abend, from Italy, for her Sketchbook Revival 2020.

Now I trying everything!!

Cupcakes - Sketching Food with Charlie O'Shields - Black pen & Watercolour

Sketching different subjects, trying new approaches, experimenting with different colours.  (BTY, Cupcakes are not a good subject when you are trapped in your house!! Had to stop and do a bit of baking.)

Really enjoyed learning about different Lettering with Amanda Arneill - Black & Sepia Pens and coloured pencils

Once into a project I am into my cupboard hauling out stuff I have never used before.  Having fun.  

Squirrels in the Park - black ink with acrylic blobs - with Carla Sonheim.  Of course I had to incorporate animals in my blobs.   

But the Project that really took me over the top was The Garden with Karen Stamper.  I was using stenciling, charcoal pencils, charcoal sticks, pastel pencils, Indian Ink, pens. . .   Even used a water-soluble oil pastel stick.  Don't even know where it came from!!?  But it sure did some neat mark making. (That is the blue streaks you see, touched up with a bit of water)

The Garden - So much fun!!  I gathered sticks, ferns, leaves and branches from the park to help with inspiration and Ideas.  

And the best part is the projects are done in a day or so.  Then just turn the page and move on. Very happy with the size I choose to make my book.  (Special Note: The Garden is 4 pages, I taped an extension to the page in my book. It is really neat to open it up.)

In total there will be 28 sessions with 28 different Artists that like to sketchbook.  I am sure you will find something that interests you.  Check out the sessions hereThey will be available till April 26.  You can see some of the other creations from the sessions on Facebook - Sketchbook Revival.  

So, Catch the Sketchbook Habit and Dive In.  Soon you will find there is "Just not enough hours to the day!!"

Happy Sketchbooking and see you next week.

WENDY MOULD IS ONLINE:  

I 'm Now offering Private Mentoring/Coaching ONLINE

Want to make pictures that sing?  Move your Art Career forward?  Get a handle on your art business?

Let's Talk

Imagine, your own personal coach, in discussion with YOUR images:  Discussing your goals; Ways to move your artwork forward.   Sessions: 30 minutes each

Package: 3 session: $75 + tx       Flexible Booking Schedule

Contact Wendy to book your session - Send me your pictures and let's Get to Work!

Get a Taste for Online Learning with my Blog & Video Combos: 


1.  Have you tried Monotypes?   - Blog post with video link on how to do Monotypes and ways to incorporate it into your art. 

2.  One Awesomemazonly Sketchbook Activity - Blog post with video link on a great Sketchbook Activity to inspire and challenge you.  

 (Be sure to like and comment while your are there. πŸ€—)


There is something you can do . . .

I am thrilled to be named a Finalist for the YWCA Women of Distinction for Arts, Culture and Design for my volunteer work.  Although there is no public voting for these awards there is one part of the event that is a People's Choice Award. 
It is the Connecting the Community Award.  (👨link) 

It's purpose is to create awareness for the YWCA Community Programs.  This award is by People's Choice.  So follow the link and vote for me and my choice "Reducing Child Poverty".  Vote as many times as you like, results tallied in early May 2020.  Thanks for your support.

When Life settles down: 


Art by Wendy Studio/Gallery is always Open

Looking to move your Drawing Skills to the Next Level?

Book a 3 Pack of Private Lessons with Me - 3 Lessons 2.5 hr each $225
Drawing/Painting lessons in graphite, ink, watercolour, watercolour pencils or coloured pencils Or any combination of these.
Flexible Schedule, at my Studio/Gallery, N. Surrey. 

Gift Certificates Available 


Be sure to like and share my posts to keep me coming into your box, 
You won't miss a single post if you Follow by Email or Like my Facebook Page.
Have a great Artful Day,

Wendy

No comments: