Dec 13, 2018

Watercolour Surprises Many - Painting & Drawing Tips

Watercolours live in a world of their own.  Soft and delicate, flowing and loose, dark and strong, BUT Always standing on their own.  

Ready to surprise you . . .

WHISKY JACK ON THE TRAIL - $200 -  8 x 10 Watercolour on Wood Cradle
My painting Whisky Jack on the Trail is everything a watercolour can be: her feathers are soft and delicate (I feel it has to be a 'she');  the distant bush is flowing and loose, suggesting many things in the distance;  and the cedar branch is strong and bold, providing a safe perch for my little bird.  Surprising too, is she is not framed, rather she is mounted on a 1.5 inch wood cradle, so she is hang-able but well able to stand alone.  (You can read more on wood mounted watercolour here . . .)

My Whisky Jack is hangable but also at 8 x 10 inches, able to sit on shelve

Have you considered new ways to present your work? . . .

Trying new things is a way of putting new life into your work.  Sometimes it leads to new directions and sometimes it brings home lessons useful to your present work.  My work on limited pallets with my ink helped me with my little Whisky Jack.  Matching colour to value (see last post) gave me direction in changing things up with this painting. (There was no pinks in the reference picture)  I used my pinks to give that soft glow to the painting offering contrast to the rough, dark blue, greens and oranges of the cedar branches.  I was very excited to see the results.  

Last post of the year . . .

Ready to Wish you a Merry Christmas and all the best for the coming year.  I look forward to time with family and friends during my Christmas Break.  I will be back January 3rd with lots of ideas for Painting and Drawing Tips for those new Artsie Projects you have in mine.  Let me know if there is something in particular you would like me to focus on.  I am always open to new challenges.  

Special Opportunities Coming Up in the New Year:

Marketing Workshop - Let's Get Your Art Out There!! Sunday, Feb. 24, 2019 10-3pm with Wendy Mould, AFCA.  

Need a focus for your Marketing Strategy?  Unsure where to start, where to head next?  Marketing takes so much of your time away from the Studio, learn where to focus your energy and ways to maximize your time.  At the end of the day you will have plans and be ready for Action.  Cost $84 Working with Wildlife Artist Wendy Mould, AFCA bridges the gap between the Entrepreneur and the Artist in the Marketing World. Contact Wendy to Register. 

Just in Time for Christmas - My Dog & Cat Lover Christmas Cards  Instant Download Cards so you can Print and Give, right away.  Etsy - WendyMouldsArt

Max was very happy to see My Dog/Puppy Cards, of course he was my Inspiration!  Esty Store - $12 for the 3 Pack. 
Excited to share my Cat/Kitten Cards as instant digital downloads at my Esty Store - $12 for the 3 Pack.  

Artists reading this post also find the following valuable:
3 Ways to Turn Drawing Despair into Action here
Drawing a Seagull Part 1 and Part 2 Starting here
Playing with a Very Limited Palette here

 Be sure to like and share my posts.
You won't miss a single post if you Follow by Email or Like my Facebook Page.
Have a great Artful Day,

No comments: