Jan 3, 2019

10th Anniversary - Top 10 Posts - Painting and Drawing Tips


Today is a Special Anniversary . . . .

It was 10 years ago today that I started writing my blog:   447 posts.  It is interesting and amazing.  At the time when I started, I didn't really understand what a blog was, who would read it or what I would say.  I also wasn't very confident in my writing ability.  I definitely didn't think I would be doing it for long.  

Popular Posts



 These Posts tell me Sketchbooking and Drawing Skills are valued . . .

One of my passions is my sketchbook work.  My post on turning your sketchbook into your own Personal Treasure is a favourite for me.  It is so inviting to see your book decorated by you and  filled with your memories and treasures inside.  This has always been easy to do for Acrylic Painters but to find a way for Watercolourists to do this was a SPECIAL.  

Looking Forward . . 

Celebrating my 10th Anniversary is exciting, looking back over my posts fills me with memories and ideas for the future.  I am Inspired and ready to roll.  Some of the things I want to focus on more are: 

a.  More thoughts on Drawing Skills: this will start with my demo Discover The Language of Drawing -  Opus Langley, January 12, 11-12:30pm & 2-3:30pm  Free but Registration Required: 604-533-0601  and yes I will touch on some of this with my blog posts 

b.  Building on the Sketchbook Habit: This is a multi-facet topic for me as it seems to encompass painting and drawing practice, travel journals, using different mediums, building your own treasures, and more.  

c.  Wildlife drawing and painting: Of course all my work centers around this theme.  Painting and Drawing more is all part of "Building your skills" a constant goal for me.  There seems to be always something new to learn.  I look forward to continuing to share my journey with you. 

My Number 1 Resource that helped me blog . . .

As I mentioned at the beginning, my confidence in writing was very low.  I considered it an important day in my life when I happened upon the blog Enchanting Marketing written by Henneke Duistermaat.  Her writing style called to me and turned grammar and writing lessons into an enjoyable experience.  I recommend you check her out.  

My Special Blogging Treat  . . .
Each year that I blog I create a special treat for myself - a book of all my posts for the year.  Blog-to-Print offers good support to Blogger and Wordpress Blogs.  They on line program offers an quick and easy way to publish all your posts in a soft or hardcover book.  I just ordered my 2018 Book today.   Having a printed copy of your posts is very empowering, I highly recommend it.  (NB. Their 38% off sale is good for a few more days.)

Put your Blog into a Book
Are you looking back to 2018 or looking forward to 2019?  What are your Artful Plans?  I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Next up for me - Painting my Wildlife in the Garden Series - Tips on improving those Photo References, see you next week.

My Etsy store is always OPEN:  Etsy - WendyMouldsArt   

Originals, prints and Instant Printable Cards for all Seasons are available.  Images are changing often so be sure and check back often. Coming up later this week, Printable Valentine Cards, in lots of time to personalize with colour if you like.  Featuring Cats and Dogs - of course Max is my inspiration for the dog drawing! 

Special Opportunities Coming Up in the New Year:

Marketing Workshop - Let's Get Your Art Out There!! Sunday, Feb. 24, 2019 10-3pm with Wendy Mould, AFCA.  

Need a focus for your Marketing Strategy?  Unsure where to start, where to head next?  Marketing takes so much of your time away from the Studio, learn where to focus your energy and ways to maximize your time.  At the end of the day you will have plans and be ready for Action.  Cost $84 Working with Wildlife Artist Wendy Mould, AFCA bridges the gap between the Entrepreneur and the Artist in the Marketing World. Contact Wendy to Register. 


Be sure to like and share my posts.
You won't miss a single post if you Follow by Email or Like my Facebook Page.
Have a great Artful Day,
Wendy 










No comments: