Jun 29, 2013

HOT OFF THE PRESS - ROMANCING THE ROSE IS A WINNER!!

NEW WORKS FROM THE STUDIO OF ART BY WENDY
That's me with my Rose!!
 
 Romancing the Rose has gained a new audience, her dramatic look and inspirational colours have caught the eye of the jurers at the ARTS 2013 juried show at the Surrey Arts Center.  I was thrilled to win Honarable Mention in the Painting on Paper Category for the show.  It is a really tough show to get in with all of their entries so needless to say I am THRILLED!!  The show opened last night and will run til Aug 31 so when you are in the area check it out. 
Romancing the Rose was the second piece I have tried with the texturing paste and since then I completed a larger piece Poppies in the Spring which also turned a few heads at its debut two weeks ago.  I must say I love the textured look of the palette knife but yet the magic of watercolour is still very much there.  Enjoy the works and enjoy the lovely long weekend, HAPPY CANADA DAY!!

5 comments:

Studio at the Farm said...

Congradulations, Wendy!

Linda said...

Way to go Wendy!!

Linda said...

way to go Wendy awesome!!!

Wendy Mould AFCA said...

Thank you, I really appreciate your support.

Brenda Hill CDM said...

It's even better in person