Mar 10, 2013

Mini Irises in the Sunshine

NEW WORKS FROM THE STUDIO OF ART BY WENDY
MINI IRISES IN THE SUNSHINE - 1.75 X 2.75 - $90 MATTED

Spring and sunshine are in the air and on my paper.  After finishing the larger picture I set myself  the challenge to make the miniature.  I know, who does a large picture as a study for a mini!!  Still I love these tiny pieces, they really are a very up close, intimate kind of art.
Irises have always been a popular flower for painting, particularly the colourful bearded ones, but until I caught the images of these irises on a sunny day I really didn't understand why.  Their colours attract the eye but I think it is the combination of sharp line and the soft curls that keeps it.  Enjoy!

As always all my pictures are available as prints or cards, starting at $3.50 for cards.

6 comments:

Brenda Hill CDM said...

this little guy really pops Wendy

Leslie Lambert Redhead said...

I agree with Brenda. The colors are especially appealing.

Wendy Mould AFCA said...

Thank you ladies, I really liked the way the colours worked as well. I have been working with this limited palette and it has really amazed me the interesting colour combinations that I have come out of it.

Studio at the Farm said...

Lovely, Wendy!

Gillian Olson said...

Lovely painting, the mini irises are very special spring treat.

Wendy Mould AFCA said...

Thank you ladies, I am glad your enjoyed my mini. It won't belong before we start seeing them here again. The days are really flying by.