Nov 3, 2011

Dinner For One

NEW WORKS FROM THE STUDIO OF ART BY WENDY


DINNER FOR ONE - 5 x 7  Available
Pansies have been my life for a while maybe I am having separations anxieties with summer, who knows.  I wanted to present this one a little differently so I introduced my little hummingbird.  When we were camped on Texada Island in July we saw lots of these little guys buzzing around the bird feeder.  Several campers had feeders up as well, there were so many around.  I had no idea that they chattered and chittered so much and you wouldn’t believe how territorial they are!  This little guy would certainly be dining alone. 
On Tuesday, Nov 1, I  hung the show Art With An Attitude with Becky McMahon www.triskeltreecreations.com and Brenda Hill www.myartclub.com/brenda.hill.  My pansies made a nice little grouping on one of the walls.  The show is at Newton Cultural Center, 13530 72 Ave. Surrey.  The reception is this Sat, Nov 5, 1-5pm and this Sun. Nov 6, 1-3pm I will be doing a demo there on “Drawing Animals in Graphite”.  If you live in the area come on by,  I would love to share my art with you.

5 comments:

Brenda Hill CDM said...

The humming bird is adorable and the pansies will make a nice set on someones wall

Unknown said...

Lovely painting Wendy. Oh what a sweet little humming bird. I so them for the first time when we visited Jan... Jan\Petstoposies.com

Love the pansies too. they are so colorful.

Barbara A. Freeman said...

Beautiful work Wendy!

Gillian Olson said...

Wendy this is a beautiful picture. Wow.

Wendy Mould AFCA said...

Thank you for all of you, I am glad that you enjoyed the picture. It is a little different for me but I did enjoy working on it.