Mar 23, 2011

WIP: Kona – The Baby


Yes, we have a new grandpuppy in the family; Kona, a sister for Sierra, our other grandpuppy. (See Post for January 4, 2011) She is a Tibetan Pomeranian, like her sister, great looking dogs and smart as a whip. Of course I have to draw her!! We were puppy sitting last week so I took lots of pictures of the two dogs. On Monday, I was teaching a class on drawing animals at My Art Corner in Burnaby and I thought little Kona would be a great subject. She has lovely colored fur lots of darks and white so good opportunities to show working with both. We had a great class, the time just fly we were all so focused on our work. Now I am anxious to finish her as she is coming along so well.
Our first day as Artist in Residence, yesterday, went very well. Things started off quiet at first and Becky and I wondered if that was going to be the order of the day but then people started to arrive. We had two very persistent artists from Maple Ridge that persevered and found their way after we sent out invitations with the wrong address on them (We sent out corrections yesterday afternoon so hopefully everyone knows for next week). They had brought a variety of pieces of work for critiquing and then we had a very productive conversation on pricing artwork. Others arrived to talk about art, brought books and pictures to share and things just took off from there. Before we knew it, we were packing up and our morning was gone.

4 comments:

Studio at the Farm said...

Kona is adorable, and you have captured her bright 'puppy-ishness" wonderfully!

Wendy Mould AFCA said...

Thank you she is really coming along well. I must admit her eye looks a little funny but I didn't want to work on it in class as I need to concentrate on that and it is hard to do when people are talking with you alot. I worked more on her today and she is really coming along.

Unknown said...

Oh how cute she looks. Coming along so nice Wendy. Love that little snub nose.

Wendy Mould AFCA said...

Isn't it great!! I loved it too. I just thought she had the greatest little profile and I wanted to draw it so much. I am busy working on her today so I should be able to post the finshed drawing in the next day or two.
Thanks for stopping by Dors, I always look forward to your comments.