Jul 6, 2009

Daly and Joejoe


My new project is two schnauzers called Daly and Joejoe. They are two lovely looking dogs and I must say they do look like they are a lot of fun. I was very excited to get started with them. Daly was drawn first as he is in the background. As you can see from my outline of Joejoe in the front I do not spend a lot of time drawing in the details. I look to get the overall shape, or place that they will take on the page and then move in. I put a base coat down with my 2B pencil so any detail drawing would be instantly lost. Once that layer is rubbed down I am ready to work on different areas. To get some nice hair lines in the white areas I have found that my fine tipped shaper has been an excellent tool. It gives that subtle soft line that I need. I am quite pleased with my start and I am looking forward to getting Joejoe in the picture.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Snap Wendy. I have just done a commission of 2 Schnauzers.

This is looking great and I will draw up a chair and watch your WIP with great interest.

Wendy Mould AFCA said...

Thanks Dors, I like your schnauzers, they turned out great. Isn't it amazing how they all have their own personalities and you can really feel it when you draw them.

artbykarieann said...

Very interesting to see how other artists work, everyone is different so thanks for sharing Wendy