Dec 5, 2010

It’s a Winner

FRIENDLY VISITORS - 6.5 X 9.5 Available

I just got some very exciting news, my latest picture "Friendly Visitors" has won the Surrey Arts Council's Christmas Card Contest. This picture resulted from a great photo that my sister took. Her photo was from the fall but I wanted a winter scene as I wanted to do something for Christmas so I used a wash with a combo of Payne's Gray and a little Burnt Sienna to create the background. I was really excited once I saw what was happening with that. It nearly killed me waiting for the wash to be good and dry before continuing. The little suet feeder took forever to paint, all those little pieces of wire but I was very pleased with the great color changes in them. They really picked up the light. The snow was just a light touch for the season and the final part, the little bushtits turned out to be the easiest part of all.
This picture was for my Christmas cards as well so everyone will be sure to give it a second look now that it is a winner!!

No comments: