Feb 14, 2012

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY - LUNCH WITH FRIENDS

NEW WORKS FROM THE STUDIO OF ART BY WENDY
LUNCH WITH FRIENDS - 11 X 14 -  Available

As you know I am famous for revisiting a picture I am not happy with and trying to save it.  This was definitely the case with my blackbirds.  I loved my birds and my bird feeder in this drawing but somehow my composition did not work for me. (See my original picture below.)  When I was reluctant to take it to a show, I knew I had to do something.  I took it to a critiquing session and listened to all the comments and then I sat with it for a few months while my ideas percolated, finally I was ready to roll.  I developed some background foliage and added another bird to the group.  The picture seems more balanced and  far more interesting now so I am happy.

I am applying for my Signature Status with the Federation of Canadian Artists and I have decided to use my blackbirds as my opening picture.  The application goes in this week so keep your fingers crossed; jurying happens the March 10th weekend!!

THE TEA PARTY - 9 X 12  (No longer available!!)

7 comments:

Studio at the Farm said...

Wendy, I wish you luck with your application for signature status.

Brenda Hill CDM said...

Good choice and good luck!

Wendy Mould AFCA said...

Thanks Kathyn and Brenda, I will let you know how it goes.

Gillian Olson said...

Great work Wendy, Best of luck.

Donna MacDonald AFCA said...

I love your revisions. Even though I loved the first one I can see how your changes have really improved it. Good luck with the Federation, you are very deserving of Signature Status!

Unknown said...

Love the revisited piece. much more depth. Wishing you all the best at the Federation of Canadian Arts.

Wendy Mould AFCA said...

Thanks Ladies, I appreciate the support, the more fingers that are crossed the better!!