Dec 5, 2009

Dahlia - WHIPS


Yes I am still working away on my flower. As you can see I quit being systematic, I was working from the top left corner across and down but the center petals did me in. I needed a break and so now I doing 'the big stuff'!! I am really travelling around the flower and trying lots of different things to make each petal tell its own story. I am starting to see the end of things so now it is getting very exciting, I am even planning another picture, another dahlia but maybe not as many petals!!

3 comments:

m1 Designs said...

This is coming along beautifully Wendy. Your doing a wonderful job and you are much more patient then I am drawing the petals.

Brenda Hill CDM said...

The way it's cropped, is very effective focusing on the flower.

Wendy Mould AFCA said...

I am glad you liked the cropping Brenda, that is something I was really focusing on with this picture.
Thanks for your comments, Pencil Sanity, those petals do take a lot of patients but also they are great to work on when you only have a few minutes to work on something.