Aug 26, 2009

Another Award Winner!!



Yes I am really on a roll, two awards this summer! I have won an Award of Excellence for my picture "Far From the Maddening Crowd" at the Federation of Canadian Artists Chapter Show at the Fort Langley Museum. I am quite excited about it, I really liked this picture and I felt it was a good fit for this show "A 100 Mile Harvest". I just loved the way the duck was settled in by the old sickle cutter and the way the old machinery came alive with the graphite. I had the picture for awhile before I named it and when I did I just felt just right: that little duck is really far from the maddening crowds of the city.
I don't live on a farm, my reference material for this picture came from Kilby Store and Farm, a historical site that has costumed people presenting life in the early 1900's, a small gift shop and café. It is a wonderful place and I have been involved with it for about 6 years.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS Wendy. wow another award.
This is a wonderful piece. I just love it. and the little duck is just so sweet sitting there.

Well done Wendy. You deserve it...so proud and excited for you.
Hugs
Dors

Wendy Mould AFCA said...

Thanks Dors, I must admitt I am still a little excited about the whole thing.

m1 Designs said...

HI Wendy, Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Your work is fantastic and the award well deserved. I love the composition and it sure did turn out super in graphite.

Grahame Butler said...

Well done Wendy, and well deserved.....