Jun 15, 2014

Out with the Old, In with the New!!!

NEW WORKS FROM THE STUDIO OF ART BY WENDY

 Old for New?

Black and White to Coloured?

56 years to 0!

No it is not magic, just a lot of hard work!

Here's how it happened.  It started with this photograph which is 56 years old and starting to deteriorate but still very much prized by its owners. 

My challenge was to recreate the picture so it could once again be enjoyed.  I was very excited to take on this job. Working with old photographs is something I really enjoy.  I carefully took the old frame apart so not to damage the picture further and scanned it so I could examine it in Photoshop.  The original was faded and really was more gray and white with a few marks on it from life.  After cleaning it up I printed it out so I could work with it.

My next step was to meet with the owners and discuss the project in greater depth.  In interpreting the picture in colour I did not want to stray too far from their memories.  (Although the values were there, the colours were not.)  Once we had our plan I set to work and "Memories of Days Gone By" was born.  I was pleased with the results and the owners were thrilled.
Memories of Days Gone By - watercolour, 8 x 10

If you have an old photograph you would like renewed let me know.  I would enjoy working with you to bring your memories to life.
Have a great day,
Wendy 

No comments: