May 22, 2013

The Grand Canyon is REALLY GRAND!!!

NEW WORKS FROM THE STUDIO OF ART BY WENDY


Steve and I in our Official Grand Canyon Picture

We just got back from a great trip to the Grand Canyon, we flew down to Vegas, rented a car and then drove around.  It was a really wonderful trip. We saw lots of new things, loved the Canyon, fell deeply in love with Sedona, enjoyed the lovely warm weather and then after 2 weeks we headed home. 

 
This was definitely the highlight of our trip, rafting 40 miles on the Colorado River in the Grand Canyon!


OAK CREEK CANYON - 5 X 7
Who would have thought there would be such beautiful lush green places in Arizona?  Yes I tried my hand at a little painting. 

COFFEE POT ROCK - 5 X 7
My first attempt at painting the overwhelming scenery in Sedona. This was a challenge in some many ways: hot winds dry your paint as soon as you mix them; watching for bugs, after I saw a display of the spiders there I was a little leery; overwhelming scenery to condense onto my little page.  It was really fun trying but as I said, challenging!

CATHEDRAL HILL - 4 X 5.5
Yes, I even tried a quick sketch in my journal while we wondered around Red Rock Park.  Not bad for 15 minutes work! 
We had a great trip but it is nice to be home, even if it is much cooler and damper here!!

 

3 comments:

Leslie Lambert Redhead said...

Wendy,how wonderful that you got to go to the Grand Canyon! It is such a fabulous opportunity to be inspired by the scenery there. I especially like the little sketch of Red Rock.
Can`t wait to see what else you produce from the trip.

Brenda Hill CDM said...

Great pictures Wendy, the rafting looks like a blast.

Studio at the Farm said...

The scenery is spectacular, Wendy! And kudos to you and Steve for daring the river-rafting!!! It must have been such a thrill.
I look forward to seeing more work inspired by the trip.