May 6, 2013

Plein Air – Painting and Drawing Outdoors is fun in this weather!!

NEW WORKS FROM THE STUDIO OF ART BY WENDY

Can you believe it, 30 degrees on May 5th and again today!!! We never had weather like this last spring!  We have been eating, relaxing and playing outside, it is wonderful.  Yet I feel a little guilty when I see the weather in other parts of Canada.  We are very fortunate. 
Tulips in the Garden -  20 minute sketch on painted paper
Good weather means painting and drawing outdoors, I just finished this quick sketch of my tulips, they are so pretty and they will soon be gone.   I am also preparing for a Free Demo tomorrow, Tuesday, May 7 at Opus Arts Supplies, Langley Store, 10-noon – Capture the Moment, Painting Outdoors with Wendy Mould, AFCA.  Just call the store to register 604-533-0601, it’s not too late if you would like to join us, they will do an afternoon session if they get too many people.  For the demo I will be talking about little quick projects like the tulips and longer more involved finished pieces like Tidal Pools, below.  Come join in the fun.
Tidal Pool - 5 x 7, watercolour, $165 framed.
If you can't make the demo and would like to learn more about Plein Air work, I will be offering private/semi-private outings to get your feet wet.  We will do a 1 hour orientation session at my studio then plan a 5 hour painting day, lots of fun and a really great experience.  Email me to book your Outdoor Adventure.

3 comments:

Gillian Olson said...

Great works Wendy, I saw the demo in the Opus flier and was sorry that I could not make it.

Carol Andre' said...

Wendy, I can't find your email address and the auto one won't work for me so this is the best I can do. I wanted to say thanks for your comment on my blog some weeks ago, just been busy, ill, and gone so much it never happened. :(
I hope you do get to do that trip to the Grand Canyon. It is fabulous, but make sure to try and have time to do some other stops as well. Capital Reef in Utah was spectacular, ofcourse Bryce and Zion as well. Pipe Springs is a small monument just off the main road a bit and that was very interesting (assuming you enjoy history like we do). Again, thanks and I've enjoyed seeing your blog as well over time. Love your dog drawings and the floral with the 2 pink hibiscus is just gorgeous (wc).

Donna MacDonald AFCA said...

Hi Wendy - I wanted to congratulate you on acquiring your signature status with the FCA!!! I finally got around to reading the latest Avenue magazine and saw the article. That's fantastic!!