Jan 20, 2013

Dancing in the Sunshine with my computer

NEW WORKS FROM THE STUDIO OF ART BY WENDY
DANCING IN THE SUNLIGHT - 7 X 10.5 - Watercolour
 
     The sun has been shining lately, yes, it is freezing out but somehow I can forget that when the sun shines.  It is a great inspiration for painting flowers dancing in the sun.  My poppies in our front yard are a great source for reference material; they are those great big ones in a lovely orgie-red colour.  I have photographed, drawn and painted them numerous ways.  I just never get tired of their wonderful lines and shapes.  This is my latest.  (Notice I even changed their colour this time!)
     Can you live without your computer? I wasn’t sure I could but I did find out this week.  My son took mine for “an upgrade” for a few days, it turned into 6.  Yes, I can live without it, had lots more time to paint and draw but I feel so behind with that other part of my life and business!!  I can definitely say my computer is an important part of my art business, how about you?

This was an earlier miniature poppy painting that was one of my favourites: http://www.artbywendysblog.blogspot.ca/2009/05/great-news-with-my-miniatures.html
Long gone now.

As always, cards and prints of any of my work are available starting at $3.50.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

So beautiful and vibrant Wendy - love it!!! :)

Studio at the Farm said...

Beautifully done, Wendy!

Wendy Mould AFCA said...

Thanks Karen, I spent a lot of time trying to decide what colour to use for the background. Permanent Rose is not an easy colour to work with.

Wendy Mould AFCA said...

Thank you Studio at the Farm, I really enjoyed this piece and it has inspirited me to try a few more of my poppies.

Gillian Olson said...

Wendy this is a beautiful painting.

Wendy Mould AFCA said...

Thanks Gillian, I must admit it really gives a lift every time I look at it. Dancing in the Sunshine will be part of the Works on Paper Show, at the Federation Gallery on Granville Island for Feb. 5-17. I am going to miss seeing the painting each day!