May 28, 2012

TAKING CARE OF BABY

NEW WORKS FROM THE STUDIO OF ART BY WENDY
TAKING CARE OF BABY -  11 x 15  Available
Well this little baby is finished; she is sitting preening in the sun with mom watching close by.  The cranes are safely sat up at the Riefel Bird Sanctuary and although the mated pair is free to go whenever they choose they have stayed at the Sanctuary for 3 years now and seem in no hurry to move on. This little baby was from last summer and they are busy preparing for their new baby this year which should be here any day.
On a sad note, I just found out that they didn’t make it into the Drawing Exhibition.  However, my picture of my little chickadee, Out On A Limb was successful and will be part of the Exhibition at the Federation of Canadian Artists Gallery on Granville Island.  You win some and you lose some when it comes to juried shows as we all know.   The show runs from June 12-24.

OUT ON A LIMB - 8 x 10 - $260

5 comments:

Barbara A. Freeman said...

Hi Wendy,

I really love both of these pieces! Great composition on "Out on a Limb". Best of luck to you in this show.

I think drawings often get overlooked. I two have just recently had some work rejected in a show I have always been accepted in. You just never know what will get in and what won't, nor why!

Wendy Mould AFCA said...

So true, so true. I try and take it in a positive way, Robert Genn says you need 100s of rejections so I figure I am just working on my 100!!

Studio at the Farm said...

Hi Wendy. I'm glad the chickadee made it to the show. He's adorable - such an elegant drawing!

Brenda Hill CDM said...

Hi Wendy,
Both beautiful drawings and the baby bird drawing so much work and detail!

Wendy Mould AFCA said...

Thanks Kathryn and Brenda, I liked the simplicity of the chickadee picture as well. And yes Brenda I did spend lots of time on that baby crane. I get a little too carried away on the details sometimes.