May 7, 2012

PADDLING AT THE LAKE

NEW WORKS FROM THE STUDIO OF ART BY WENDY
Paddling At the Lake - 3 x 4 - $140 Framed
Canoeing and camping is one of my loves and Steve, Rusty and I have gone on many trips together.  The inspiration for this picture is our trip to Brewster Lake, north of Campbell River on Vancouver Island.  One evening I saw a deer disappear down that little path when I went down to check on the boat.  This lake is part of the Sayward Canoe Route which is a chain of lakes and portages that form a circle.  We spent 2 weeks on this route and had a wonderful time. 
I am pretty excited about this picture as I used the cerulean blue again mixed with, of all things Payne Gray and Yellow Ochre.  I read about it in one of my nature books and thought I would give it a try.  I love the green grays I got for my hills and the neat colours for the water.  I am still in love with my ultramarine blue as it really reminds me of those perfect sunny summer blues in the sky and water but of course the water and sky is constantly changing and the weather is not always that perfect!!  (Still I love to dream!!)

2 comments:

Brenda Hill CDM said...

Nice, like the red canoe

Wendy Mould AFCA said...

Thanks Brenda, I used a bit of artistic license and painted it red, ours is really bright yellow!!