Apr 8, 2012

SINGLED OUT IS A WINNER!!

NEW WORKS FROM THE STUDIO OF ART BY WENDY
Singled Out - 4.5 x 6.5 Available

   Very exciting news, I just got notification that Singled Out has been awarded an Award of Excellence at the Blossom Juried Show which is on now at the Federation of Canadian Artists Gallery on Granville Island in Vancouver, BC.
   This little piece came about after our trip to Hawaii this winter.  It is nice to go away and enjoy some warm weather but when you get home you are totally ready for spring!  I was definitely feeling that way and went hunting through my files for flowers to paint.  These little tulips really caught my eye; they just seemed to give me that warm, spring feel.
 
 
As you can see I started with pouring watecolours onto my paper and just letting things go.  Then I tried to ignore the colour and place my drawing onto the page.  (I find that by trying to place a flower by a certain colour just doesn’t work.)  Once I start to develop each of the flowers with paint,  the undercoating provides happy little surprises that seem to work into the petals.  The results are this wonderful combination of colour that never could have been painted in any other way.  I hope "Singled Out" gives you those feelings of spring as well on this sunny Easter Day.
 The show runs until April 15, so check it out when you are in the area. 

10 comments:

Studio at the Farm said...

A great, big congradulations to you, Wendy!!!

Wendy Mould AFCA said...

Thank you so much Katheryn, it was a great Easter surprise for me.

Unknown said...

Congratulation Wendy and well deserved. A beautiful painting and I love the technique.

Wendy Mould AFCA said...

Thanks Dors, I knew you would enjoy the picture. I did a few experiments with this flower arrangement which I will share with you when they are done.

Brenda Hill CDM said...

Congratulations Wendy, what a little gem

Wendy Mould AFCA said...

Thanks Brenda, with the sun shining today it won't belong before my tulips will be up again.

Leslie Lambert Redhead said...

Congratulations! I saw it the other day and was quite pleased to see that it won an award. It is just lovely!

Wendy Mould AFCA said...

Thanks Leslie, did you notice that there was some pouring done for the undercoating? Courtesy of your class last year. I guess you will be heading up to Painters again this year, I hope you have the great weather we had last year. What a good weekend it was.

Barbara A. Freeman said...

Congratulations to you Wendy. What a beauty this is! Thanks for sharing your technique of pouring.

Wendy Mould AFCA said...

Thanks Barb. I know you saw the other picture of tulips as well and isn't it amazing how the same picture can look so different? I once saw a book by an artist where she did the same rose shape 50 times in her book, each one different. It really makes you explore colours and values.