Feb 17, 2012

THE SAINT AND PLAYING SHY

NEW WORKS FROM THE STUDIO OF ART BY WENDY
THE SAINT - 7 X 5 - SOLD

Isn't she a beauty?  The Saint was born July 2011, it was a busy few hours but once things straightened out she was up and ready to roll.  I wasn't able to see her till the fall; she is nearly 3 months old in my picture.  She has a slim line but such a pretty face.  There is no mistaking that she is female.

The Saint belongs to a friend and I was thrilled to get out and take some shots of her.  It was a rainy day in November, what else is new, when we decided to give it a try.  It was a bit of a challenge as she really did play shy and her owners had to really encourage her so I could get some pictures.  We bobbed and weaved around in the rain for quite some time but it was fun and the results were great. 

PLAYING SHY - 7.5 X 5 - SOLD

6 comments:

Brenda Hill CDM said...

What a couple of cuties!

Wendy Mould AFCA said...

Thanks Brenda, I was trying to find different poses to show her personality. I am going to head out there again soon, to get new ones as I know she will have changed again.

Gillian Olson said...

She's a beauty and so are your drawings. Is this your first horse, I don't think I have one of yours before.

Leslie Lambert Redhead said...

She is definitely a beauty! You have done such a fabulous job on these drawings. Can't wait to see more horses.

Wendy Mould AFCA said...

Hi Ladies, thanks for the support. Drawing any animals is fun and these two were a treat. I did think because of their size I could just 'whip them off' but no they were tons of work. I sure am pleased with the results. The owners were as well. They bought them both!!

Bonnie Heather said...

Wow, that's a beautiful drawing Wendy.