Feb 13, 2011

Keeping Watch

KEEPING WATCH - 3.2 x 3.2
Well number 3 is done!! I am really excited to see this set finished as it has been percolating in my mind for some time and now it is a reality. This pair of swans is not as active as the other two but certainly a common site within a flock. Swans mate for life and do look out for each other. This pair just seemed to be in that classic pose and I wanted them part of my set.
I decided to go with the larger format, 3 x 3 and now I am glad I did. There just seems to be that little extra room to really develop this particular piece. I hope you enjoy this little series as much as I do.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

This is beautiful Wendy - a lovely sparkle, such soft colours and a very pretty scene!!! :)

Wendy Mould AFCA said...

Thank you Karen, I really felt that this picture has really benefited from my work on the first two. The more you become familiar with your subject the more you are able to work with it.

Barbara A. Freeman said...

Well said Karen! The sparkle and soft colors show the grace of these two!

So true, Wendy! This is a lovely series you have going!

Wendy Mould AFCA said...

Thank you Barbara, I am glad that you are enjoying my swan series.

Carl said...

I just love this! the square format is very strong.

Wendy Mould AFCA said...

Thanks Carl, I am really enjoying experimenting with this square format. I particularly love it with my miniature work.