Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Dahlia Splendor - Completed!!
Well I finally finished my dahlia and I am really pleased with it. I still can not believe how much work it was! The finished picture is 5 x 6 inches and so those little bits in the middle were very small and quite a challenge. One thing I did learn was the magic of a cut up vinyl erasure. I cut up a small piece into a wedge shape and it was really good for getting in between some of those petals and really clearing up the edge. The putty erasure just doesn't give you the sharpness that you need in some spots.
I must admit despite my complaining I loved how the dahlia turned out and I have already planned another. But first I must finish my Christmas commissions then I can have my fun. I am sure like me you are all working hard to finish up those gifts; it is such a crazy time of year.