Jan 15, 2009

Harmony is my new Challenge


I have really taken on a battle with this picture. It is an ink pouring I did in the fall which I have been studying to decide what I will do with it. I loved the colors and the flow it had, at first I was going to make it into flowers but that just seemed to easy, I wanted to challenge myself. On New Year’s Day we were out for a drive and came across this pair of swans. They just seemed so beautiful and graceful on the water. I decided they should be in my picture; now my challenge is to get them into the picture and still preserve the movement and excitement of the background. I feel I have a good start but I am not there yet. This may take awhile as I will have to study it and move forward carefully. I will keep you posted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mom,

The color in this picture sure looks powerful. I really like the feel that it gives off. I still think the red and blue flower using this similar technique was one of your best. I can't wait to see how this one turns out. The swans are sure taking shape!

José Carrilho (Go Detail) said...

Hi Wendy,

Let me start by saying that my taste for painting leans toward Dutch Baroque, which is alot different from this one :-)
However I like this painting alot.
It features a well chosen palette and I really like its fluidity.
There's another one called "Garden beauties" which I saw on your website and also found it quite good.

Take care,

José

Wendy Mould AFCA said...

Hi Jose
Yes, both "Garden Beauties" and this one are acrylic ink pourings and even though I am basically a realist I love the loose flowing colors in the pictures. It is amazing the way they make your eyes "make sense" of the all the color and movement in the pictures around the subjects. I have a few projects I have to finish and then I will be back with Harmony.